4WD Nissan Patrol G60.
Nissan Patrol SWB
The Nissan Patrol G60
was produced in short (left), medium and long
It had a 3-speed manual transmission and 2-speed transfer case
with part-time four wheel drive.
The motor was a 6-cylinder unit of approximately 4 litres capacity;
many have now been converted
to large capacity V8's.
1978 Nissan Patrol MWB
Styling was of the "straight up and down school"
but the proportions worked out quite nicely.
The shackle pins on the leaf springs were of the
kind that require greasing. The shackle plates were at the front
of the front springs.
A fully functional and slightly modified G60 patrol
circa 1968 which has an original 37,500 miles on the clock from new and
as far as I know has never had major mechanical work done.
I am the second owner and
currently drive the vehicle enthusiastically to work every day;
here it is at
the "Cherry Venture" Noosa Heads Queensland, Australia
- Ian Jacobi, Gympie [12/1998]
The Nissan Patrol had a reputation for simplicity and general toughness.
It was lacking a real crawler low-first gear ratio
on account of the 3-speed gearbox but the engine was a good slugger.
Rust is the main enemy and you do not often see
one as tidy as the Nissan Patrol MWB above.
sends the following specifications:
- pickup, 3-seats, 2-doors
- wheelbase: 2.8m (9'2", 110"); load: 1000kg (2205lb)
- engine: P type 3956cc (241.4cu in), inline overhead valve 6 cylinder,
features bathtub shaped combustion chambers
and fully balanced 7 bearing crank- shaft.
- bore: 85.7mm(3.374in), stroke: 114.3mm(4.500in)
- Transmission type-F3B83L, 3m, 2-speed transfer case, part-time 4WD
- suspension: live-leaf/live-leaf; brakes: drum/drum
- tyres: 7.50x16; fuel tank-64L