Steyr Daimler Puch All Wheel Drives.
Steyr Daimler Puch
are manufacturers of some unique and capable
all wheel drive vehicles.
Dating from 1958 to 1976
is a pocket-size 4WD that four strong men can lift.
made as a 4x4 and a 6x6, is the Haflinger's younger
but bigger brother.
As well as making their own 4x4s and 6x6s in the factory at Graz Austria,
Steyr Daimler Puch have also made the
G-wagen for Mercedes Benz,
4x4 vans for VW,
4WD transmission for the
and are assembling the
Jeep Grand Cherokee.
As if 1997 they are also building the 4WD transmission of the
Land Rover Freelander.
They contributed much of the know how for the US Army's
FMTV 4x4 and 6x6 trucks.
- 2000: Production of Pinzgauer set to end at SFT -
- 1998: Steyr Daimler Puch AG bought by Magna Int. Inc.
- 1996: Production of Mercedes Benz
- 1994: Production of
LHD and all RHD models.
- 1990: Eurostar, ~SFT+Chrysler, build Chrysler
(Daimler Chrysler buy out E' in 1999).
- 1987: Motorcycle and bicycle business sold, to Piaggio of Italy.
- 1984: VW Transporter
(4x4) production (to 1992)
- 1979: G-wagen
production in cooperation with Mercedes Benz.
4x4 and 6x6
- 1957: Puch 500 car, based on the Fiat 500 but with 2-cylinder
500cc Puch engine. The car was rallied with success!
- 1954: First mopeds.
- 1952: First scooters.
- 1934: Austro Daimler Puch and Steyr Works merge to form
Steyr Daimler Puch AG
- 1928: Puch and Austro Daimler
(who started by building Daimler cars under licence)
merge to form Austro Daimler Puch Werke AG.
- 1904: Puch motorcylces
- 1900: 1st car built by Puch.
- 1899: Johann Puch registers his Styrian bicycle factory.
- [- from Steyr and other sources]