Renault Scenic RX4
2001 May: A
range of vehicles goes on sale in Australia
after the firm's absence of several years.
The Renault Scenic RX4 four wheel drive is based on the
platform with 2-litre engine (100kW).
The RX4 is raised and gains 16" wheels and
a full time four wheel drive system.
ABS brakes with brake assist add to dynamic safety, and
six airbags (front, side, rear) add to passive safety.
Rear passengers sit higher than
front seat occupants.
Price: $33,250 manual
- station wagon, 5-seats, 4-doors, ABS, airbags
- loa: 4424mm, width: 1775mm, height: 1720mm
- wheelbase: 2624mm, track: 1505mm/1485mm, grnd clearance: 210mm
- approach: 29.9°, departure: 35.9°,
ramp break over: 160.8°
- turning radius: 5.35m
- weight: 1465kg (unladen)
- 1989cc, petrol (PULP),
4-cyls, mpfi, 4-valves/cyl, dohc
- bore: 82.7mm, stroke: 83mm, c.r.: 9.8:1
- power: 101kW at 5500rpm, torque: 188Nm at 3750rpm
- transmission: 5m, 4x4
- suspension: MacPherson struts/ trailing arms & coils,
- tyres: 215/65R16, fuel-tank: 60L
- price: from $33,250 manual ($au 5/2001)
- And by email:
- As far as I know, there are three diesel versions [of the Renault] made.
The engine is the same Peugeot 2000cc diesel one used by
for the Samurai, the Vitara and so on.
The basic one is a normal breathing version, with a normal pressure diesel
injection system, producing about 65hp, sold only in France. The next one
is a turbo version, with the normal pressure injection, producing about 100hp.
As far as I know, it is also only sold in France.
The top [diesel] version is the same engine,
the same turbo but with high pressure common-rail injection, producing
about 109hp, sold also at Spain and who knows where else.
by the way, we only have some non-turbo
Sara, station wagon version, and some
with the same diesel engine, apart from the Santanas.
Go to the