The Munga (Mehrzweck UNiversal Gelandewagen mit Allrad Antrieb) was built in the mid/late 1950s and the 1960s by DKW ~ Auto-Union ~ Audi, as a light four wheel drive for the German army. Vanderveen (1989) reports that early models were powered by an 897cc motor (40hp) and that very early models had part-time 4WD. From 1958 production Mungas used a larger engine. There were 4, 6 and 8-seater variants. The Munga was eventually replaced by the VW Iltis 4x4.
This one was owned by Fritz Szoncso's father, "We used to have it for 15 years, running every ------ workday." F.S. has a few interesting trucks.
4WD Vehicles A-Z
4WD Toys & Models
History of 4WDs