Range Rover 1996.
The new series Range Rover has not changed
substantially since its introduction in 1994.
Here we see a 4.0 SE in one of the lower suspension
(adjustable) height settings.
The Range Rover was the
first full-chassis four wheel drive
to meet all the new collision regulations
(despite Toyota's claims for the 1996 Prado).
Twin air bags and ABS are more good passive and active
Inside, velour upholstery is standard on the 4.0 SE,
with Connolly leather as an option -
which takes immersion in water better?
Windows and mirrors are electrically operated.
There is a theft resistant radio, cassette and CD player
connected to an 11 speaker system.
If there is a worry about this car it must be
its shear complexity if it comes to getting it
wet or taking it into a remote area, but will many
be used that way?
Range Rover 4.0 SE 1996
- station-wagon, 5 seats, 4 doors, twin air-bags, 4 channel ABS
- loa: 4713mm, width: 1889mm (2228mm mirrors extended),
height: 1817mm (standard), weight: 2150kg (unladen)
- GVM: 2780kg, towing: 750kg on-road, 500kg offroad (unbraked);
with over-run brakes: 3500kg on-road, 1000kg offroad
- approach: 28-38 (spoiler removed),
departure: 19-26, ramp break over: 160-151
- turning radius: 5.95m (kerb to kerb)
- 3950cc petrol V8 Efi 2v/cyl ohv
- 94mm x 71mm, c.r. 8.2:1, 132 at 4750r, 304 at 3000r
- transmission: 4a (or 5m U.K.),
full-time 4WD, hi-ratio 1.216:1, lo-ratio 3.271:1, silent chain,
centre diff' and viscous coupling, final drive 3.54:1,
- suspension: live-air/live-air (height adjustable),
brakes: disc/disc (4 channel ABS),
- tyres: 235/70 R16 on 7"x16" alloy wheels, fuel-tank: 100L
- Anti-theft radio-casette and CD, 11 speaker system.
Climate control a/c
Option - Connolly leather upholstery
- rrp 99,500 (Aus)
Go to the
Range Rover or