GM Suburban 4X4.
Waiting for the sun to set and take
Uluru (the Rock)
through its range of colours, like you do.
Holden Suburban 1500 series
with a V8 petrol engine 190kW & 447Nm.
Repsol Motor Oil
(who sponsor Michael Doohan's formula 1 motorcycle team)
have been using this GM Suburban 2500 4x4 as a support vehicle
in the 1998 Round Australia Rally.
The GM Suburban 4X4
is a "full-size",
i.e. huge, American four wheel drive.
Nine people can be seated in three rows of seats
and still leave as much luggage room as in most other 4X4s.
The Suburban was brought to Sydney
International Motor Show
GM started selling it in Australia in February 1998.
- GM Suburban - station wagon, 9 seats, 4 doors
- 1500 Petrol V8 and 2500 Turbo Diesel V8
- loa: 5575mm, width: 1950mm, height: 1854mm (1500) 1895mm (2500),
- track: 1628mm/1620mm (1500) and 1742mm/1652mm (2500), wheelbase: 3340mm
- approach: 31, departure: 21, ramp-over: 163, turning radius: 6.8m
- weight: 2540kg (1500) and 2942kg (2500), towing: 2.7 tons (braked)
- 1500: petrol 5.7L, sefi, 2-valves per cyl, ohv
- bore: 101.6mm, stroke: 88.4mm, cr 9.4:1
- power: 190kW at 4600rpm, 447Nm at 2800rpm, or
- petrol 7.4 L (not Australia) or
- 2500: diesel 6.5L turbo-charged, 2-valves per cyl, ohv
- bore: 103mm, stroke: 97mm, c.r. 21.5:1, max' boost 10psi
- 145kW at 3400rpm, 583 at 1800rpm
- transmission: 4a,
part-time 4WD, 2-speed transfer case (2.72:1 lo, 1.0:1 hi)
- suspension: indep/live-leaf, brakes: disc/drum (ABS)
- tyres: LT245/75R16, fuel-tank: 159 (!)
- warranty: 3 year/ 100,000km
- On sale in Australia: Feb' 1998
- price: petrol $68K - $79K, diesel $76K - $87K ($au 1998, 1999)
- Rival: Dodge Ram
My baby -
an 1988 with only 73,000 original miles on it with a
custom stereo system.
It is from the 1500 Silverado series 1/2-ton version, and
has a 350 (5.7L) V8 engine with
flowmaster exhuast and bowtie chrome tip.
I have 15/7 chrome rims with extended flares added on.
It has a custom stereo equipment, with Viper alarm w/ remote start.
I have every GTO cover possible, and tinted windows, and
blue fog light in the rear.
It curently has 182,000 miles on it and still
runs like it did when it was new
1970: Something older (right),
a 1970 Suburban 4x4 courtesy of
Go to the